Below are some common questions that our office gets. Take a look, and if your question isn't answered feel free to contact our office at 216.421.7460 or email@example.com. We're happy to help!
Who can take classes?
- We offer evening classes to adults, and weekend classes (weekdays during the summer) to young artists in grades 5-12.
What do classes cost?
- For adult classes, the cost is between $325 and $400. For young artist classes, the cost is between $225 and $375. The cost is dependent on the type of class, material cost, equipment needs, etc.
If I can’t attend all of the classes, can the cost be prorated?
- Unfortunately, we cannot adjust the price of any class. Full course tuition must be paid at the time of registration to secure a seat in the class.
Do I need to buy my own supplies?
- For adult classes, yes. A syllabus and supply list will be provided before the start of the class so that you can purchase supplies needed to get started. We provide all supplies for the young artist classes unless otherwise noted.
What types of classes are offered?
- We are able to offer a wide range of classes, including painting and drawing, digital art, photography and video, and craft-based courses (ceramics, jewelry and metals, glassblowing, etc). We offer beginner or introductory classes, as well as intermediate or specialized options for students with more experience. Our class listings change each session, so look for the most current catalog to see what’s available!
How can I sign up for a class?
- There are several ways to sign up for a class – choose the option that is most convenient for you! Registration forms can be found in the back of our catalog, or printed off here and mailed in to the address listed on the form. You can also register online, over the phone at 216.421.7460, or via fax at 216.754.4089.
What forms of payment do you accept?
- Payments can be made by check, cash or card. MasterCard, Visa, and Discover are accepted.
Can I receive graduate credit for the class I take?
- CIA does not have a graduate program. However, the Continuing Education department does provide some graduate credit for educators through our partnership with Ursuline College as part of the Summer Teacher Residency and Teacher Workshop programs.
Which building are your classes located in?
- Everything is hosted in our building, located at 11610 Euclid Ave, Cleveland OH 44106.
What if I don’t like the class I signed up for?
- In the event that this happens, we will do our best to mediate any issues or concerns that a student is having with their class or instructor. A conversation with the instructor can clear up any miscommunication in the syllabus or project outlines. We encourage students to attend as many classes as they can and to talk with their instructors. If they are still unhappy, we may be able to switch them into another running class, depending on availability. As stated in our policies, we do not give refunds once a class has started.