Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
Basic Shop Requirements:
- Safety Glasses (Minimum Z87+ impact rating)
- Hearing Protection - Over-Ear or In-Ear Allowed (Minimum 23 db rating)
- Respiratory Protection - Respirator or Disposable Dust/Nuisance Mask (Minimum N95/P95 Efficiencies)
- Different operations and materials require various levels and types of protection.
PPE Requirements vary for the different shops and rooms. Please note the PPE Requirement signs on the doors to each space and utilize the SDS Binders regarding the specific materials you are working with.
SDS (Safety Data Sheets) can be found in the breezeway of the Wood Shop (Room 218) and outside the doors to the Metal Shop (Room 213).
You are required to wear appropriate attire in order to work in the Fabrication Studios.
- Must have long pants or shorts below the knee
- No skirts, No dresses, No kilts, No scarves, No loose flowing garments of ANY KIND
- No open-toed shoes, No sandals, No heels, No flip-flops, No slip-ons
- Shoes need to have slip-resistant soles
- No Dangling Jewelry or Similar Articles - Necklaces, Earrings, Lanyards, etc
- No Hand or Wrist Jewelry - No Rings, No Bracelets, No Watches
- All long hair must be tied back
Metal Shop - Additional Requirements
- Must have Long Pants - No Cuffs
- No Synthetic Materials - No Nylon, Rayon, Spandex, etc.